Across most manufacturing geographies, CNC machining tends to have a most constrained supply. This is due to lack of skilled labor, lack of vision and investments needed for flexible and quick tool changing capability and improper equipment selection.
Metrics Works is located in farm country with people who take pride in their workmanship and have dexterity and hard work sewn in their culture. We boast of a second to none technical team capable of producing quality products in high volume or high mix for automotive, agriculture and industrial markets.
Our Metrics Works facility has been around for 13 years and has produced high precision CNC machined castings, forgings, stampings and bar stocks in Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Iron, Stainless Steel and other high strength alloys
Metrics Works also has high quality machines made by Japanese and German manufacturers including Makino, Mori-Seiki, Okuma, SW as well as Daewoo and Haas. Facility has a wide range of bed sizes, 3-5 axis, double bed, single bed vertical mill, horizontal mill and lathes.
We also has several 2D, 3D and CNC machining software to make high quality products with quick changeovers.
- (2) Okuma 4020 Cadet Vertical Machining Centers
- Okuma MC-V4020 Vertical Machining Center with Integrated 5th Axis
- Okuma MC-60VAE Vertical Machining Center (60" x 30" table with Column Riser)
- Okuma LB 1511-M Big Bore Lathe with Live Tooling
- Okuma L400E Lathe – 40" Cut Extended Bed
- Deckel Maho DMU50 5-Axis Machining Center
- Okuma MA-650V 5-Axis Machining Center
- Okuma MC-V4020 Vertical Machining Center
- Okuma MC 560-V Vertical Machining Center
- Equipment is procured and dedicated on contract basis and capacity requirements. Below is a sampling of our high volume machining and processing centers.
- (2) Mori Seiki NH-4000 Horizontal Machining Center
- (5) Mori Seiki NLX 2500 CNC Lathe
- (2) Mori Seiki DuraVertical 5100 Vertical Machining Center
- (2) Mori Seiki NXV 5100 Vertical Machining Center
- Okuma MC V4020 Vertical Machining Center
- Okuma MA 650VB Vertical Machining Center
- SW BA600-2 CNC Twin Spindle 5-Axis with Pallet Changer
CNC Machining of Aluminum Extrusions
- Aluminum's ductility facilitates a range of machining operations, from drilling, tapping, milling and turning to complex CNC machining. With multi-head CNC machining centers, complex precision components for electronics, solar energy, automotive, construction and electrical can be easily executed from aluminum extrusions.
- While the machining processes are similar to that for other metals, aluminum's optimal tool configurations and speeds will be different. Many extruders provide machining services, shortening our customer's supply chain.
- Machined Extrusions are used extensively in solar power – providing cost-effective, corrosion resistance and light weight capability for mounting and racking solutions for concentrated (CSP), photovoltaic (PV), concentrated photovoltaic (CPV) and Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) solar power systems.
- Metrics Works provides proprietary precision machined extrusions for several solar power industry providers.
- If you are an extruder looking to partner with a trusted, experienced, and competent machining partner, please reach out to us email@example.com